Yadadri Bhuvanagiri district is a district in the Indian state of Telangana. The administrative headquarters is located at Bhongir. It was a part of the Nalgonda district before the re-organisation of districts in the state. The Bhuvanagiri District is associated with its fort which was built on an isolated rock. It is believed that the western Chalukya ruler Tribuvanamalla Vikramadithya – VI got the fort at this place constructed which was named after him as Tribhuvanagiri. The name subsequently became Bhuvanagiri and Bhongir. The fort is associated with the rule of the Kakatiya queen Rudramadevi and her Grandson Prataparudhra. The town was constituted as a city Municipality in the year 1910. Subsequently constituted as Municipality in the year of 1952. Bhongir is a fast growing town having spread over 31.12 sq. kms. It is situated at a distance of 67 kms from Nalgonda District Head Quarters and distance of 48 kms from the state capital Hyderabad.