eSHRAM-Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana scheme
The Ministry of Labour & Employment has developed eSHRAM portal for creating a National Database of Unorganized Workers (NDUW) for optimum realization of their employability and extend the benefits of the social security schemes to them .It is the first-ever national database of unorganised workers including migrant workers, construction workers, gig and platform workers, etc.
Objectives of eSHRAM Portal:
- Creation of a centralized database of all unorganized workers (UWs) including Construction Workers, Migrant Workers, Gig and Platform workers, Street Vendors, Domestic Workers, Agriculture Workers, etc., to be seeded with Aadhaar.
- To improve the implementation efficiency of the social security services for the unorganized workers.(ii) Integration of Social Security Schemes meant for UWs being administered by MoLE and subsequently those run by other ministries as well.
- Sharing of information in respect of registered unorganised workers with various stakeholders such as Ministries/ Departments/ Boards/ Agencies/ Organisations of the Central & State Governments through APIs for delivery of various social security and welfare schemes being administered by them.
- Portability of the social security and welfare benefits to the migrant and construction workers.
- Providing a comprehensive database to Central and State Governments for tackling any National Crises like COVID-19 in future.
Who can register in eShram (NDUW) Portal?
Any individual satisfying following condition can register on the portal:
- An unorganised worker (UW).
- Age should be between 16-59 years.
- Not a member of EPFO/ESIC or NPS (Govt. funded)
Who is Unorganised Worker?
Any worker who is a home based-worker, self-employed worker or a wage worker in the unorganised sector including a worker in the organised sector who is not a member of ESIC or EPFO or not a Govt. employee is called an Unorganised Worker.
What is required for registration in eSHRAM portal?
Following is required to register on the portal:
- Aadhar Number
- Mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
- Savings Bank Account number with IFSC code
How to register
- Self-registration by visiting e-SHRAM portal www.eshram.gov.in OR
- By visiting nearest CSCs & State Seva Kendras (SSKs)
Benefits of registration on e-SHRAM Portal?
Central Government has developed eSHRAM portal which will be a centralized database of unorganized workers seeded with Aadhaar. After registering, he/she will get an Accidental Insurance cover of 2 Lacs under PMSBY. In future, all the social security benefits of unorganized workers will be delivered through this portal. In emergency and national pandemic like situations, this database may be utilized for assistance.
Contact details for more information
e-SHRAM support contact details.
- National help Desk: 14434
- Language support at Helpdesk –Hindi, English, Tamil, Bengali, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Telugu & Assamese
- Helpdesk is available from Monday to Saturday – 8am to 8pm
- Portal to register grievance : www.gms.eshram.gov.in
Source : e-SHRAM portal
centralized database of unorganized workers, Bhima Yojana Insurance Cover, Social Security Scheme Benefits
How To Apply
Self-registration by visiting e-SHRAM portal www.eshram.gov.in OR
By visiting nearest CSCs & State Seva Kendras (SSKs)